Monday, February 25, 2008

CNY BBQ

My new year started early in the morning with a big bang of red little cracker by my dad. Nothing much from the first day of Chinese New Year. Just sit at home waiting to collect ang pow from the relatives who came to my home.


My dad officially celebrate chinese new year with fire cracker to chase the evil spirit. Hehe.

As usual, everyday during CNY, I will have small gathering at my house. For the last few years, we have been eating steamboat but for this year we are doing BBQ instead.

So on 2nd day of CNY, we are all busy looking for BBQ food for that night which include making the BBQ set from oil tank. We managed to buy everything except chicken wing which we almost search for the entire town to look for it. Haha. We never thought it could be so hard to look for chicken during CNY until i called my mother who sarcastic answer me on phone "Who want to open shop for u on 2nd day of CNY?". Haha. But end up we managed to find it after all.


This is our BBQ set. It was a hard work from us who search for the tank, cut into half and carry it to my house to prepare. Got blood and sweat wan wor... Hehe. Thanks to close buddy like Chee Chee, Ah Hung and Mc Kaye.


Chee Chee and Mc Kaye proudly stand beside the BBQ set. Hehe. Chee Chee was the project manager for the BBQ at my house this year while Mc Kaye is the project engineer who working hard to cut the oil tank into half.


Due to some sharp edge which might accidentally cut someone, we modify the BBQ set again. Let the professional (my 5th uncle) to smoothen the sharp edge.


Don't play play lo. Can cut your finger also if mishandle it. So dun try this at home. Hehe!


Finally the BBQ set is ready for the night.


Something simple for our BBQ. Got mee, hot dog, chicken wing, sweet potato, sambal fishes and some fresh water prawn thanks to Mc Kaye.

Did not take much photo that time because was busy BBQ-ing, chatting and drinking. Hehe.


The girl power team.


Weng Hui and Boo Boon.


Lip Keng and Ah Chiew.


Our chef who are busy BBQ to finish all the chicken wings.


While some of them busy "open table" inside my house.

Anyway it was a nice gathering once in a year and definitely will held again next year and many many year to come. Haha. Thank you everybody for the great time.

0 comments: