Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Grand Feast

Let me finalize the last post for my Chinese New Year. Thee Kong prayer is very important festival for Hokkien people like my family. I can consider my dad is very traditional guy and he is very particular about family unity and also few important prayer like reunion dinner, Cheng Ming, Nine Emperors Festival and Thee Kong prayer.

Every year it is a must have roasted pig for Thee Kong prayer. Since we are small, we always waiting for that day because there will be lots of foods and also lots of fire crackers as well. The atmosphere for Thee Kong prayer are more happening compare to first day of Chinese New Year.

You want to know why I say lots lots of food. The pictures below will explained why I named it as The Grand Feast.


As early as 5pm, my dad already get the roasted pig at home.


Can you imagine how crispy is the pork? Are you drooling now?


When the night getting dark, all of us getting busy to prepare everything in order. My parent is the ones who are the most busy people around.


My mum call these "huat kuih". My mum baked this together with miku and ang ku.


See also si beh huat ah!!!


The miku that my mum made before the prayer.


Got chicken, fish, duck and also got fresh prawns. Hehe! Drooling!


See how many foods on the table. When talk about Thee Kong prayer, my dad is very serious about all the preparation. He will make sure everything is in order.


Some of the preparation like tea pot to serve Thee Kong.


This is Ah Guan, my 2nd Bro who only come back on 5th of Chinese New Year because he work as chef in Singapore.


Dad with joss stick.


Serious dad when praying. Praying for good health and also family safety for the year.




Then one by one of family family will pray.


Getting permission before ending the prayer. Haha! See my dad "Check-It-Out" hand. Hehe!


Little offering that will be burned.


Api~! Api~! Api~!


Once everything is finish, haha.. we begin to serbu all the foods on the table. Hehe. We begin our Grand Feast and also playing fire crackers. Hehe.

-The End-

P/S : Now busy observe the election on TV and Internet. Hehe! Hoping for some wind of changes.

2 comments:

Aaron Tan said...

whoa... so big the pig! your blog confirmed tak halal liao...

Mr Blurster said...

huakaka.. no halal is ok ma... is just my personal blog ma.. hehe