Sunday, March 30, 2008

Qing Ming

This week back to hometown because my family need to Qing Ming on Sunday so that my 3rd bro and 6th uncle able to make it back from Singapore. For the Chinese Qing Ming or better known as All Soul Day or Tomb Sweeping Day, it is a day to remember and honour one's ancestors at grave sites. Young and old pray before the ancestors, sweep the tombs and offer food, tea, wine, chopsticks, (joss) paper accessories, and/or libation to the ancestors.

My grandparent's tomb at Batu 18 or Kuala Beckham Bikam, Perak. It was damn crowded when we reach there. Real scenario of "people mountain people sea".



Without wasting any time, we walk to our grandparent's tomb and started to clean the grave. Qing Ming for us is like family reunion also. Hehe.



The young and the old will gather as well for prayer at the tomb although under the hot sun.



My 3rd bro who work in Singapore also back for Qing Ming together with my 6th uncle.



Some paper accessories offering on the tomb.



My dad always serious when prayer.



My grandparent's tomb.



My 4th uncle was placing joss stick on the tomb.



My mum showing the hell currency. So many zero on that note. Even calculator also do not have so much zero.



Some of the paper offering like XO, Kent and many more. I even saw people burning Astro, Mercedes and petrol station. Yeah... Petrol Station as well. No joke!



More and more offering. Did you see the minyak cap kapak? Haha. The packaging look so real. So commercialize and good marketing skill as well. Haha!



International brand like Loreal also got. You got money, you want anything also can. No jokes. Haha!



That all for now. Tomorrow need to wake up early to attend my boss engagement day. Will take some pictures there as well. Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. didn't know Qing Ming is like that de.. Thanks for sharing :)

Why got so many color paper? Curious :D

Mr Blurster said...

Yeah. Qing Ming is like that de. Like small gathering.

I also dunno what is the symbolic use of the color paper. Should ask my mum when i call back soon. hehe!